Use code ATLAS for 10% off your first order with us
48 State Tour - Open & Free to Public!
48statetour.com - Tour Begins August 20!Hello! We are excited to begin the 48 state tour on August 20th!
Visit 48statetour.com to find information regarding location & date for all of the states.
Please like us on Facebook & Follow us on instagram!
We are conducting 48 workshops in 48 states, and trying to complete the tour in 48 days (if humanly possible)! The mission is to help local cemeteries and educate attendees on how to perform common repairs themselves.
Each event will be a minimum of a half day, and most events will have an afternoon session. All workshops will be free of charge and open to the public.
A typical workshop will be conducted as follows:
- Discussion on historic preservation with a focus on masonry, cemeteries and gravestones
- A short walk and talk tour, visually surveying some of the most historic gravestones and monuments which are in need of repair
- Cleaning demonstrations will include
- Safe and effective removal of biological activity with D/2 Biological Solution
- Graffiti removal with Elephant Snot and graffiti prevention discussion.
- Overview for rust and lime / calcium removal from irrigation staining
- Hands on! After the cleaning demonstration, workshop participants are encouraged to adopt a gravestone and perform the cleaning process
- Veteran stones will be cleaned at each event
- Join a fractured tablet
- Raise and/or level a badly leaning, sunken or fallen tablet stone
- Reset and join elements of a multiple piece monument
- Problems associated with portland cement
- Historic pointing mortars, formulations, applications, curing
- *If time allows* A lifting tripod will be constructed and demonstrated
Jon Appell & The Atlas Team
We are proud to have these sponsors for the tour:
D/2 Biological Solution
ZippKool Cooling Gear