Swedish Linseed Oil Paint
Ottosson Färgmakeri Swedish Linseed Oil Paint
Made of Swedish cold-pressed boiled linseed oil and colour pigments. Adapted for painting both indoors and outdoors.
The colour squares show three different shades
- Top: the pure standard shade
- Bottom Left: A mixture of equal volumes of standard shade and White Titanium-Zinc (1+1)
- Bottom Right: A mixture of one part standard shade and three parts of White Titanium-Zinc (1+3)
- You can mix these different shades yourself and come up with a custom color mixture!
Considerations when painting indoors:
- Add 1% (10 ml per liter) of the drying agent cosirk (we are working on stocking this)
- Ensure good ventilation and follow the recommended drying times
- When painting indoors, higher demands are made on finish and surfaces
- Higher gloss and improved flow can be achieved by adding Ottossons Sun Oxidized linseed oil and/or Linseed Oil Varnish
- The added ingredients should be between 0.5-1.5 dl/litre and should only be applied in the final colour
- Surfaces subjected to increased wear can be further treated with oil varnish or oil veneer after approx. 2 weeks.
- Clean painted surfaces with water and detergent (not soap) or use the product Fulgentin - coming soon!
- Use white vinegar to clean and remove mold from wood before painting outdoors
Coverage: The coverage of Ottosson Linseed Oil Paint is about twice that of any acrylic paint. Apply thin coats. Linseed oil paint goes a long way. Use a short stiff natural bristle brush. Our hand made Swedish natural paint brushes work very well with Linseed oil paint.
- 1 Liter (1.05 quart)- 110 - 160 square ft
- 3 Liter (.85 gallon)- 330 - 480 square ft
Ottosson Fargmakeri Swedish Linseed Oil Paint is made using pressed flax seeds grown at one Sweden's largest flax seed growers! These flax seeds contain a specifically high concentration of linolenic and linoleic acid in comparison to other flax seeds on the market. This helps the oil to form a strong film providing a stronger surface when painting.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
When will you be getting 3 liter white in stock?
Most likely in the next couple of months. We are in the process of putting together an order now including the 3L White Linseed Oil Paint as well as a few new colors to add to our collection.
Would there be any chance of 3 liters of other paint or larger besides white in stock or is there a way to order? Was looking to switch my painting business to linseed oil pant.
We are working towards placing another order. This does take time to ship. We would love to accomodate this - please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss quantity and color!