1200°F Hi-Temp Brush-On Paint - Flat Black
RUTLAND 1200°F Hi-Temp Flat Black Brush-On Paint is specially formulated to resist peeling and blistering in temperatures up to 1200°F. Renews the finish on natural cast iron, grills, ovens, or cookers – anywhere a high-temperature-resistant, flat black coating is needed. This quality paint is great for grills, stoves, smokers, stove pipes, fireplace inserts, furnaces, barbecues, mailboxes, lampposts, fireplace tools, brass, firebrick, and chimney caps. Use with confidence that your paint will look great for years to come all while keeping rust at bay.
- 16 fl oz Can
- Flat black
- Contains no lead, fluorocarbons, or vinyl chloride
- No primer needed
- 1 year UV resistance after application
- Fast drying and color-fast
- Non-toxic when dry
- Weather- and heat-resistant
- At least two layers are recommended
- Heat cure is not required for two layers, but best results are obtained after heat curing
- Heat cure is required for three or more layers
- Not for direct food contact
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Can be used to paint the inside of a masonry firebox
- Not for sale in California
- Made in the USA
Wear protective gloves and eyewear. Prepare surface by removing all loose, scaly material and sanding rusty spots with fine sandpaper. Remove any polish or wax with lacquer thinner. DO NOT THIN PAINT. Stir paint until uniform throughout.
Brush on COLD SURFACE. FIRE MUST BE COMPLETELY OUT. Allow to dry to the touch 2-3 hours before re-firing. For best results, heat to 500°F for 1 hour. Provide adequate ventilation as some smoke and odors are given off during the first heating.