Fieldworker Data Cards
Past Horizons Fieldworker Data Cards
This set of 9x double sided A6 cards is perfect for keeping close at hand while out in the field and has information on all the most important elements you need to know! Cards come in a sturdy poly-pocket carrying case w/ snap closure.
Card dimensions: 6" x 4"
- Side A - Getting Ready helps to consider all the things you need when heading out, and other important ideas such as health and safety, permissions and equipment checks. Side B - The recording section takes you through the standard procedure from locating a site or context to digging it.
- Side A/B - Field Survey talks you through the basics of basic and intensive field survey as well as the minimum requirements for recording a site.
- Side A - Laying out trenches with a handy diagonals table. Side B - Helps to understand how to take and reduce levels.
- Side A/B - The Photo card explains FOV, F-stops and more, with a section on how to lay out north arrows and scales for a photograph.
- Side A/B - The drawn record - both plan and section is described in detail with the various requirements and prompts to ensure you enter all the information.
- Side A/B - Describing deposits and fills - soil types, inclusions and the process of recording on a context card.
- Side A/B - Cuts and how to describe and record them are examined - from posthole to ditches.
- Side A/B - Samples and Finds and how to collect and record them.
- Side A/B - Site formation and stratigraphy.
Designed by professionals, tested, and corrected to ensure you get the best help on site. If you're going on a student dig, just starting out in professional archaeology, or an expert in the field, these will help to make sure you don't forget a vital piece of information. Set of 9x cards come in a sturdy poly-pocket with stud fastening.