Iron OUT® Rust Stain Remover Powder
Iron OUT® Rust Stain Remover Powder - Removes Rust Stains from Toilets, Bathtubs, Sinks and More
The #1 Heavy-Duty Rust Stain Remover
Iron OUT®, the #1 heavy-duty rust stain remover powder, is specifically formulated to easily rinse away the toughest rust stains, eliminating the need for scrubbing. This multi-purpose and versatile powder is perfect for use in removing and preventing difficult rust stains in bathrooms, kitchens, appliances, laundry, water softener maintenance and many more applications in and around the home. Ideal for geographic regions with hard water and high iron, Iron OUT is best on rust!
Bathtub and Sink Rust Stain Remover
This multi-purpose rust stain remover powder safely and effectively works on most surfaces in and around the home including fiberglass, porcelain and acrylic. Iron OUT is ideal for removing heavy-duty rust stains from bathtubs, sinks, showers, toilets and more.
Remove Rust Stains In Toilet Tanks
Iron OUT is tested safe for use to remove rust stains from toilet tanks. Simply add Iron OUT directly to toilet tank, allow to set overnight then flush several times to clear the tank. Iron OUT also safely and effectively removes rust stains from the toilet bowl.
Water Softener Iron Removal
This unique formula can be used for water softener iron removal. Simply layer between bags of salt to keep your water iron free. See full instructions in “How to Use” below.
How Often to Use: Use Iron OUT when new rust stains appear inside or outside your home.
Iron OUT is not recommended for use on:
- Cars (including parts like the radiator)
- Painted Materials
- Exposed and Corroded Rusting Metal
Note: Always test in an inconspicuous area before using Iron OUT.
Performance Guaranteed. All of our products have a money–back guarantee, promising that every product will meet or exceed your expectations. If you’re not satisfied with product performance, mail your register receipt along with UPC to Summit Brands for a full refund.
Made in the USA.
Read entire label before using. Always pre-test in an inconspicuous area. For stubborn stains, increase dosage and/or contact time.
Bathtubs, Sinks, Tile Rust Stain Removal
- Wet area to be cleaned.
- Apply powder to damp sponge or cloth.
- Rub lightly until stains are gone. Rinse with ambient water.
Note: Not recommended for older, worn or chipped porcelain cast iron fixtures.
Toilet Bowl & Water Tank Rust Stain Removal
Remove cleaners or deodorant from bowl or tank. Flush.
- Add 1/2 cup to water in bowl.
- Scrub stained area with brush.
- Let stand until stains are gone. Flush.
- Raise water level above stain line if possible.
- Add 1/2 cup.
- Let stand overnight or until stains are gone.
Water Softener Rust Stain Removal
All softeners on iron-bearing water require Iron OUT as preventative maintenance and to eliminate iron buildup.
- Dissolve 1 cup in 1/2 gal. cold water.
- Pour directly into brine well (for softeners with no brine well, pour directly into salt tank when salt level is low).
- Manually regenerate softener. Repeat for heavily fouled unit.
- Add 1/4 cup per 40 lbs. of salt.
- Layer for continuous treatment.
USE FOR PERIODIC CLEANING ONLY. Follow FIRST APPLICATION instructions above.
NOTE: If taste or odor is detected in tap water, manually regenerate softener, then run cold water until odor is gone.
White Laundry & Fabrics/Laundry With Color Or Embroidery Rust Stain Removal
NOTE: Do not use with peroxide, bleach, bleach-detergents, oxi-stain removers or oxi-detergents.
- Add 1/2 cup to warm water as washer is filling (for front loading machines add to the detergent drawer).
- Add clothes and let soak for 5 minutes (if possible, with soak cycle or by stopping machine).
- Add detergent and resume wash/rinse cycle.
- Dry as usual.
Test all colors before using. Use only on colorfast dyes.
Note: Wash each item separately using the white clothes instructions.
Caution: Product may irreparably damage colors and embroidered logos.
Dishes, Glass, Plasticware Rust Stain Removal
- Dissolve 1/3 cup in 1 gal. of warm water.
- Soak articles 5 min., or until stains are gone.
- Rinse thoroughly. Repeat as needed.
Dishwasher / Washing Machine Rust Stain Removal
- Add 1/2 cup to EMPTY machine.
- Run machine through normal cycle using water only. Repeat as needed.
Note: Do not open machine mid-cycle.
Exterior Surfaces Rust Stain Removal
- Mix 1 cup into 1 gal. warm water.
- Wet surface with clear water.
- Apply with brush or sponge.
- Keep saturated until stains are gone. Rinse.
Note: Avoid contact with vegetation.
Precautions And Safety
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid breathing in vapors after mixed with water.
- A person with respiratory problems or sulfite sensitivity should not use this product as vapors may impair the ability to breathe.
- Rubber gloves are recommended when using this product.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Do not ingest product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
For more product information, view the SDS sheet