Sarco Window Glazing Putty
Sarco Sarco Window Glazing Putty
Sarco is rated top window restoration putty!
Dual Glaze is designed for Exterior site work (Slower drying than Type M)
- Adheres in wood and metal sash/door applications
- Dual Glaze is designed for Exterior site work
- Dual Glaze is slower drying than Type M
Type M is Designed for interior shop work (Faster drying than Dual Glaze)
- Adheres in wood sash and door applications
- Type M is designed for interior shop work
- Type M is faster drying than Dual Glaze
- Type M is generally softer than Dual Glaze. To stiffen it up, you can get it a little cold or add whiting so it is easier to work with. Some people lay the putty flat on cardboard to soak some of the oil out, however Type M is better with more oil in it
For glazing and bedding glass in both wood and metal sash and doors. Ready for use and for easy application under the knife and thumb. A modern glazing compound that remains elastic. Allowing for normal expansion and contraction. Adheres to all glazing surfaces, forming a permanent watertight bond between the glass and sash.
Priming + Painting: If priming before applying Sarco, it is recommended to use an oil based primer. After Sarco has skinned, it may be painted with oil or latex paints.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Can Dual Glaze Grey be used as exterior glazing on windows?
Do you recommend priming before puttying? All old paint has been removed. I would use an oil-based primer.
It is a good idea to prime with an oil based primer before applying the putty! It is not necessary, but helps to protect and nourish the wood.